If you are smelling gas…
I smell propane gas-What do I do?
· Put out all smoking materials, open flames, and ignition sources.
· Do not operate any switches, thermostat appliances, or phones.
· Get everyone out and away from the building and propane system.
· Shut off the gas supply using the valve located on the tank or at the meter, turn clockwise.
· Use your neighbor’s phone or a cell phone to call your local fire department and/or your gas supplier.
· Stay outside and leave the gas supply off until the leak has been located and repaired.