We have been delivering residential propane for over 25 years. Our business relies heavily on our residential LP gas customers. Our delivery service is 6 days a week Monday through Saturday and we offer same day service. We have found a niche market by offering these services to customers year round to make it convenient for customers to order propane and get their delivery at their convenience. We have a reputation for our service and will continue to improve on our service and delivery as we expand our business. We realize that the Austin area is filled with competitors, but we want to develop a long lasting, customer service relationship with our customers. This is why we have been in business for the length of time we have and continue to grow.
Residential Delivery Services
We offer a fast, friendly and safe delivery service to all of our customers. Each delivery driver is designated to an area of which they service. We deliver the same day and offer other types of delivery services to meet customers’ needs. The residential delivery services that we offer include:
- Dispatched orders
- Automatic Filling program (based on the average Degree Day, call for questions)
We have a service department that handles propane tank installations, repairs, and maintenance of propane gas systems. Our service technician will give free bid estimates for new tank installations. Our service technicians are well qualified and licensed to perform service and installations. Some of our services offered include:
- Installation of underground and aboveground tanks
- Indoor and outdoor gas plumbing
- Repairing existing gas systems
- Different size LP Gas tanks for sale or lease
- Financing available for qualifying customers
Direct Propane Services is dedicated to providing our customers with dependable service. We have been in business for over 25 years and we pride ourselves in maintaining high levels of service and high quality products. Our customer base includes several industrial and commercial accounts, which add standard and unique usages to our diverse customer base. We understand that the propane needs and usages of different businesses vary. We are willing to adapt to those needs and provide quality service and satisfaction to our customers.
Commercial and Industrial Services
- Installation of Bulk Tanks
- Cylinders and Cages
- Dispenser filling stations
- Propane delivery to mobile and temporary units
- Installation and design consultation
- Repairs on all types and sizes of propane systems
Direct Propane Services offers flexibility to fit your business needs
- We install different size propane tanks that will fit your needs.
- We have our own propane transports, which we use for several large commercial deliveries.
- We offer an automatic filling program to meet your needs.
- We have on site cylinder filling at both of our locations (Webberville & Del Valle) or you can find a business near you that is an authorized reseller of Direct Propane Services.
- We can install a bulk propane tank that is at your disposal for a fueling station. There are site inspections and certain permits that maybe required. Please contact us for more information about this service.
We can come by on a scheduled day to fill your tank(s). We have several different filling programs. Please contact us so we can customize a delivery option for your business needs.
As living conditions become more condensed and natural gas is unavailable, the most convenient, dependable and economical option is a community propane system. In a community propane system, the homes do not have their own individual tanks. Instead, there is a large bulk tank that is installed either aboveground or underground. Lines will be run underground to each individual lot. Once the homes are built, meters are installed on the home. Community propane systems can maintain multiple homes.
Direct Propane Services will provide the developer and builder with a dependable company that will operate your community propane system. As the operator of the subdivision, Direct Propane Services provides several services for developments of any size. We are interested in working with you in the process of planning and installing your community propane system. Our operations management service will provide services which includes the design, installation, billing management, testing and permitting.
Over half of all farms in the U.S., use propane because of its cost effectiveness, safety, efficiency, convenience, portability, and environmental friendliness. Nearly 80 percent of American farms use propane to run pumps and engines, dry crops, heat buildings, process foods - and reduce emissions. Propane is also being used to generate heat and steam to eradicate weeds and pests, sterilize soils and defoliate crops for a more organic harvest. Consumption of propane on farms has increased substantially on farms has increased substantially over the past 15 years and the agriculture sector is now the third-largest retail propane market in the U.S., consuming more than 1.5 billion gallons per year, or 10% of the total demand. More than 1.5 billion gallons per year, or 10% of the total demand. Propane’s cost-efficiency and reliability helps farmers keep productivity high and operating costs down.
Direct Propane has been involved in servicing in the agribusiness sector for over 20 years. Direct Propane is willing to help you with your agricultural business needs. Please contact us to discuss your unique agribusiness and how we can help you. Our involvement in agribusiness includes, but is not limited to:
- Irrigation Motors
- Pecan Dryers
- Grain Dryers
- Cotton Gins
The conversion of any gas appliance to another fuel involves not only replacing the orifices (fixed and pilot), but the replacement of appliance regulators, burners and possibly the venting as well. Appliance conversions these days are not as simple and straightforward as they used to be, if the appliances can be converted at all. Historically, most all appliances could be converted from natural gas to propane and vice-versa but the gas appliances manufactured today are engineered (by professional engineers) to be used with one type of fuel as specified by the manufacturer for dedicated fuel use. In other words, most all gas appliances are built to use either propane or natural gas and are not designed to be converted or modified for use with another fuel.
- Appliance Regulator - Differences between natural gas and propane appliance regulators involve inlet and delivery pressures. The wrong type of gas appliance regulator would deliver pressure either too high or too low for the use of the appliance.
- Burners - Orifices on a burner function in unison with the delivery pressure supplied by the regulator and can lead to incomplete combustion if improperly sized. Burners can also damage an appliance if the conversion requires larger or smaller orifices to be in place on/around the burner.
- Burner Air Shutter - Air and gas are mixed at this point before entering the burner and are used to adjust the flame condition. With varying types of primary air shutters, this essential air/gas mixing mechanism must be of the proper type and must be adjusted properly so that complete combustion occurs.
Propane Tank Repairs
Propane tanks will most likely need to get repairs if they are not maintained properly. If the propane tank is beyond repair then the tank will be taken out of service for safety reasons. If repairs need to be performed on a propane tank or system, a licensed certified propane technician must perform the necessary repairs or maintenance. If you are not certified, do not attempt to perform repairs on a propane tank or system, it could be dangerous.
Propane Tank Must be empty to perform the Repairs
- Filler valve
- Relief valve
- Parts of the service valve
- Float assembly gauge
Propane Tank does not have to be empty to perform the Repairs
- Replacing the dial chamber of the percentage gauge
- Tightening the dial screws of a leaking percentage gauge
- Tightening threaded valves
- Replacement of regulator or pigtail
- Propane tank leveling
Propane Tank Maintenance
You must keep propane tank painted a reflective color such as white or gray. By keeping your propane tank painted a reflective color you can prevent the tank from absorbing heat from the sun. If the tank absorbs heat from the sun it can cause excess pressure buildup inside the tank, which causes leaks. If this occurs you must call your propane company to schedule for a licensed certified propane technician to repair your tank.
We also perform the necessary service work which includes:
- LP gas piping
- Propane appliance conversions
- Perform leak test
- Move propane tank and reinstall propane tanks
- Repairs and Maintenance
- System Repairs
- Tank re-leveling
- Regulator testing and replacement
- Heater cleaning and maintenance
- Modifications to home